Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weight Watchers Weekly Weigh-In No. 35

Yesterday I was up one and six tenths pounds from weigh-in number thirty-three. I skipped the weigh-in in between these two. I ate a lot of junk prior to the weigh-in I skipped and was up a bit. I didn't necessarily over eat, I just overindulged in not so healthy treats. And boy did I feel awful behind it. Yuck!

I'm back on track now though. This journey is definitely a learning experience. I don't want to focus solely on weight loss. If I do, I won't know how to maintain the loss in the end.

I've learned that I love fruits and vegetables and can generally do without grains and grain products.  I love grits and oatmeal but don't care for rice and pasta as much. Because I don't LOVE rice or pasta, I seldom cook them and generally don't order them when out. I LOVE ice cream and pound cake. Because these two are far from healthy, I generally don't keep either in the house. Here's why: I can eat three servings of broccoli or greens (and will) and not feel bloated, not see the scale go up, or not feel bad (stomach ache) afterwards. I can eat three servings of ice cream or pound cake (and will because of the taste alone) and feel stuffed, see the scale go up, AND feel awful afterwards. I love broccoli, especially roasted, but it will go bad in the fridge if I don't see it. Sometimes ice cream can last a couple of months weeks in the freezer; sometimes it only lasts a couple of days. I don't avoid ice cream or pound cake, but I've learned I benefit by limiting my intake of such - once a week or month. If I go a quarter without such - so be it - as long as I'm not purposefully suppressing my desire for such, because I don't always crave it.

I have also learned to indulge only in treats that taste GREAT. I'm not eating cold fries. I'm not eating a dry cafeteria brownie. I'm not eating a cake mix cake. I don't drink pops or beer because they make me feel bad - instantaneous bloat and feelings of fullness.

I'm learning and losing! I expect to be down next week.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, sounds like you are back on track this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridgette,
    You are not the first person who wanted to email me, but wasn't sure how….I need to figure out a safe way to put my email address on my blog.
    Please email me with any questions you may have about homeschooling. I would love to help you. :)
    roanjohnson at gmail dot com

    Keep up the great work with your healthy diet and exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.