Sunday, January 5, 2014

Up and Running Again!

We've signed up to run a half-marathon! We're running the one in Pensacola.



The race date gives us 14 weeks to train. We've already gotten in our first run of 2014! After our first 5k, we ran sporadically then stopped altogether (except for our Thanksgiving day run) to do INSANITY. (Boy was that a mistake. We ran what seemed to be the hardest two miles ever on December 31, our anniversary.) We completed the first month of INSANITY as written and started month two. Now, however, we are going to use INSANITY as cross training on non-run days. We might end up fitting in more, but I doubt it.

So, Fred and I are running a half-marathon. I pray we have an injury free training and a fun race. God has blessed us thus far, and we give all glory and praise to Him for our success and accomplishments.
We chose this race because we have adequate time to train. The race is close to family though it's a six hour drive for us. My sister and her husband intend to run with us, and we hope they are able to.

I know I have some difficult runs ahead of me; however, I'm not scared, and I don't think it's impossible. Note to self - 



       


All throughout my C25k training I would recite a verse that comforted me: "For God has not given me a spirit of fearf, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7, NKJV) I think I'll need it again!


                                    


2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! I'm "toying" with the idea of training for a Half this year, but I haven't been cleared for running yet either. I've gotten notification on facebook about the Pensacola Half and that looks like a really nice one to do! Best of luck to you guys with your training!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.