Friday, September 20, 2013

Fast Food Victory

This morning at McDonald's I ordered a value meal with small iced coffee. I specifically asked for small but saw medium on the screen. I informed the lady taking my order that I wanted a small cup and had no problem paying for a medium. She had to go find her manager, and by the time my money was taken, a medium iced coffee was sititng by the register. When my food arrived, I told the manager I ordered a small. She told me to go ahead and take it (like I was getting a bonus) because it had already been made. I told her I wanted a small. She went and poured it in a small cup. I left happy!

I am on Weight Watchers. If I wanted to spend the points necessary for a medium, I would have ordered one!


 
 
 
 
Premium Roast Iced Coffee
About a month or so ago I was at Wendy's. I ordered my go to meal: jr. burger with added lettuce and tomato, kids fry, and jr. frosty.
 
The young lady taking my order tried to insist that a value meal was my best option. She said if I got a small fry it would be cheaper. She told me a regular frosty was about the same price. I didn't care if I had to spend $10 more. I order exactly what I wanted. I didn't need any DEALS!
 
I ended up leaving Wendy's with my kid size fry and a regular frosty (and an empty jr. cup). My mom told me to get the regular, take what I wanted and give her the rest. It worked!
 
A different time at Wendy's they tried to give me a regular frosty because they had fixed that instead of a jr. Umm, no thanks! Get me what I ordered.
 
Now of course in the past I would have taken the higher point (or calorie) meal because it was less money. I am grateful that I don't fall victim to such tactics anymore. This is exactly why I don't do buffets anymore: it's like taking a recovering alcoholic to a free bar. More precisely, it's playing with fire. We all know not to play with fire.

Fred said that I should just tell the people taking my order the reason I need a small or kid size. He says the people probably think I am crazy to insist on a small when a medium is cheaper or a FREE upgrade. I don't think I should have to tell them anything. What do you think?
 
My non-scale victories are sticking with my plan (and standing my ground) and  . . .
 
running three times this week (after a two week hiatus). We also plan to get in a bike ride and weight training tomorrow and a three to four mile run Sunday to conclude our exercise week.

 
 

button

1 comment:

  1. I love that you stick to your guns. It's so easy to fall off the wagon with a simple lapse in judgement to take the extra. I know I'd tell myself I wouldn't eat the whole thing, but the reality of it is that I so would! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.