Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sleep: Gettin' it in

I love the challenge of evaluating my life to determine and acknowledge the small (seemingly minute) victories that will prove invaluable when the scale won't budge an inch tenth.

As I've stated previously, I had a last minute job change that has turned my life upside down. While I am still teaching, my subject area has changed; my largest class size is now double what it has been the last five years; my total student load for a given day is now fives times more  than I've grown accustomed to. Despite the challenges, such as bringing work home, I am loving being in high school again.

The new job has had me staying up past my normal bedtime for the past three weeks and I've barely done any exercise all. I typically never let anything come between me and sleep. This week my none scale victory is the fact that I've been getting an adequate amount of sleep each night: seven to eight hours.

For those of you who work outside the home or have very busy days, how do you fit in exercise? I need it in my life!


button

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this too because I'm so tired by the time I get home. I'm working to transition to waking up early to exercise. Otherwise I actually workout at like 8 - 9 at night. It is difficult, but I incorporate it into my day and make myself do it. It takes time to get into a routine that works for you.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.