Sunday, March 30, 2014

How the Table Has Turned

Hello friends,

Yes it's me and I know it's been years since you all have heard from me and I promise not to go AWOL on y'all again. It has been tough on this journey of healthy living, but it is something I want and something I truly need. So please continue to encourage me with your comments and realities you have incurred during your journeys.

Okay let me tell you all how the past 5 to 6 months have gone for me. When Bridgette and I first started this journey and blog, I had to be the leader and encourager for us both. What I mean is I had to be the one to get us out of the bed each morning and out of the house because I know without my leadership then we would not be where we are today, to say the least. But oh how the tables can turn. My baby has now become my encourager as I some how lost steam some where down the road. The winter that we've endured this year is mostly to blame, but the most recent reason was the 10k we ran in February in Little Rock. I pushed myself too hard because afterward I had a soreness like never before. I did complete the race and earned my first ever medal but I surely overdid it.

This morning I got a wake up call from my lovely wife saying, "Get up Fred let's go running," and boy did I want to say some hurtful words because I was sleeping sooooo good. Instead of following through I thought for a second and told her I didn't feel like it but I needed to. So I found some energy to get up and hit the road. That is the best feeling ever to know I have someone who is willing to go through the tough times with me.

With all of that being said she is really the reason I'm writing right now and the reason I will continue share our journey with you all.

P.S. pleeeease pray for me. Lol

1 comment:

  1. Aww great job to you both! It is so so hard, this exercise/weight loss journey and it helps so much when you have a supportive spouse/friend who is doing it with you! Great job (to you both!)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.