Thursday, October 17, 2013

Headed in the Right Direction

In working to achieve a healthier and fitter self, it's important to have more than one way to measure success. Since I'm trying to lose weight, one of the ways I measure success is with a scale - pounds lost of course. I'm grateful that I am wise enough to want more than to weigh 150 pounds (or whatever magic number). I want more! I want to naturally gravitate towards healthy food choices. I want to become stronger and lift heavy weights. I want to run longer AND faster. I want to look good in my clothes. I want to feel great and be grateful each morning I wake.

This week I have not been making the best food choices, and I have been struggling to track. Today, however, I was determined to track and stay within my points. By dinner time I only had four points. I get sooo hungry when I get off work and want to eat everything. Then, I want to eat when the family eats too. Tonight I decided to cook only vegetables. We had whole okra, squash with a bit of 2% cheddar cheese, steamed string beans with onion and bacon (not a veggie but just a bit). Fred and the kids also had corn on the cob, but that would have taken all of my points! I am so glad I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought plenty of fresh fruits and veggies: apples, mandarin oranges, pears, squash, green beans, spinach, onion, and mushrooms. We had sauteed spinach, onion, and mushrooms for dinner last night with some chicken. If I hadn't gone to the grocery store yesterday, I might have eaten fat free Greek yogurt or cereal with milk for dinner.


Fred has been fitting into some smaller sizes lately. Here is a blazer he bought at the end of July. It is now too big. He is holding the back so that the front looks proper. He tried on one size down at the store, and it was a bit loose. Two sizes down looked great on, but he said the arms were a little snug. I couldn't tell though. (The blazer doesn't match; he was trying it on while getting ready for work.)





button

1 comment:

  1. Just love it when clothes start to fit smaller!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.