Thursday, October 3, 2013

I See Progress!

In working to achieve a healthier and fitter self, it's important to have more than one way to measure success. Since I'm trying to lose weight, one of the ways I measure success is with a scale - pounds lost of course. I'm grateful that I am wise enough to want more than to weigh 150 pounds (or whatever magic number). I want more! I want to naturally gravitate towards healthy food choices. I want to become stronger and lift heavy weights. I want to run longer AND faster. I want to look good in my clothes. I want to feel great and be grateful each morning I wake.

This week I was able to put on and zip up (and breathe easily) in some jeans I haven't worn been able to fit since the Fall of 2011. I do believe they can stand to be a bit looser, but they weren't pulling at the side seams, squishing my stomach or cutting off my circulation. What do you think about how they fit? (I know you  have nothing to compare them to - I couldn't find anything.)





 
 
Fred was also able to fit in a shirt he hasn't worn in a while.
 
 
On Sunday we ran five miles. Our longest distance previously had been four miles, which we've run a couple of times.
 
So our NSVs for this week include fitting into smaller clothes from our closet and adding a mile to our longest distance ever. Fred went grocery shopping alone this week, and he didn't buy any JUNK. (unless he ate it on the way) I think this too counts as a victory.
 

button

3 comments:

  1. Wow congrats on new clothes, longer runs, and no junk foods! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a great NSV! Congrats to you both and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and wonderful NSV's your jeans look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.