Thursday, June 27, 2013

C25K W9D1

Done! (6-26-13)

Running still doesn't come easy for me. I am looking forward to the day it does though. When we finished and were on our way home in the car I asked Fred, "What in the world made us want to do this - couch-to-five k . . . running?" I was so tired and sweaty and he had pushed me to go much faster during the last thirty seconds.

He replied, "We were tired of seeing the scale go up."

"Oh."

I was about to call it quits and throw in the towel. I was going to undo all the HARD work I'd done. Not! (maybe)

 
 
Even though Fred and I have attempted C25K in the past, this time we FINISHED it! All the while, we both shared a goal of finishing the program. Even though it took longer than eight weeks, we've kept at it. Not only have we made it a part of our lives, we are determined to keep going. (We completed the app this past Sunday, but wanted to another week of thirty minute runs to mimic some written C25K work-outs I've seen online. We also might redo C25K or move on to C210K.) We are looking to do a 5k in about seven weeks. 

Our non-scale victories this week are 1) completing the C25K app as written and 2) continuing with running after completing C25K. Yesterday, was our first non-prescribed run. I hope we never stop running!
button

5 comments:

  1. whoop whoop for completing C25K, that is amazing!!! I think its so awesome that you all are doing it together, my husband and I recently started running together and it has been a wonderful bonding experience! I cannot wait to hear how your 5k goes!! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I enjoyed reading about your running experiences. I'll admit, I'm a bit scared about doing a 5K in public, but I will post about it when it's all said and done.

      Delete
  2. I love the quote. "hard is what makes it great." Good luck with your next goal.

    -http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that runners high!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.