Wednesday, June 19, 2013

One Great Snack

Larabarstore.com

I tried these for the first time about a month or so ago, and I (and the kids) love them. I'm not sure if Fred has even tried them. When I saw them for the first time at Kroger they were on sale, and I got one to try along with a Kind Plus bar. I was looking for a filling snack that was minimally processed (LARABAR) with a minimal amount of sugar (Kind bar).

I prefer the taste of the LARABAR; plus, the ingredients are something anyone might have in their kitchen. The ones I've tried have only three to five ingredients! I can't wait to figure out a way to make some. A suprising fact is that I've never eaten dates before, and dates are the first ingredient in many of the bars.


So far I've tried and like Peanut Butter Cookie, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, and the Banana Foster uber bar (lots of nuts!). The kids also like the Apple Pie - it's okay, but I don't even like real apple pie. Our Kroger doesn't have a large assortment of the one's that are in five-count boxes, which is what I get as they are CHEAPER. I haven't seen these at Wal-Mart yet. I really would like to try the Pecan Pie I saw on their site.

During a recent trip to Kroger I had put a box in my cart and the manager of the produce department saw them and pointed me towards some mini ones that were FREE. Really I would have gotten all of them, but I didn't want to run out. She told me, "Go ahead . . . get about a dozen of them." Boy was I glad. The regular size bars (6pts+) were for me anyway, but the kids could get the free ones (2pts+).

Mini Bar - 2pts+
These cost more than candy bars, but I think they are worth the cost. We'll continue to get these until I can make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments.