Monday, June 24, 2013

Giving Thanks

After embarking on this journey for a healthy lifestyle, I find myself wondering about the future that GOD has planned for my temple (body). Only HE knows when I will accomplish the ultimate goal of complete physical fitness. Only HE knows why I am going through these difficult times of trying to get back into the physical shape that I once acquired. GOD has always known that I would take what HE gave me (my temple) and do harm to it. It has always been HIS plan to give me leeway, allowing me to do as I as desired. Only by HIS will have I been given a chance to redeem myself and leave behind the ignorance of thinking that I did not have to acknowledge the GOODNESS of GOD.

GOD has been so good to me in my life, and I acknowledge HIM more today than ever. I now know that the LORD has allowed what has been my life's journey for one reason and one reason only, and that is to see that HE is Sovereign and MIGHTY and that I will never successfully make it through any challenges without HIM being present in my life. One way that the LORD has been good to me is by placing in my life at the right time a GOD fearing young lady who I am proud to call my wife. If HE had not given me Bridgette only HE knows where I would be at this very moment.

Bridgette says that since we have started this journey toward a healthy lifestyle I have been an inspiration to her because I push her to achieve goals during our C25K program. However, I want to say that she has been an inspiration to me since we first began to court. The Lord knows that without his gift, my wife, none of this would be possible for me. I promised her that I will be responsible for our future in all ways with an emphasis on health. I told her that even when she doesn't feel like going out to walk/run,  she would for the sake of my promise to her. She believed at the time that I was doing it for the both of us, but I was only doing it for her. As time has gone by I have found myself enjoying the challenges that we are facing because we are facing them together. I thank her deeply for being my motivation for getting up off the couch to stop wasting time when we could have and should have been doing this all along.

I give HIGH PRAISES to GOD for giving me GRACE and MERCY during all of my hardships and also for giving me my BABY. Thank you and HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments.