Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer's Fresh Bounty: Berry Almond Chicken Salad

I LOVE Wendy's Berry Almond Salad. I can't say I like the price, but it sure tastes good.

Summer Starts with Berries

I had a taste for one yesterday and decided to make one of my own instead of going out to buy four for our lunch. I used all spinach because I didn't have any spring mix on hand, which I like as a base for my salads. Our younger kids aren't too fond of blueberries, so I got some fresh blackberries to use along with a ton of strawberries. I didn't put any cheese on the salad, and I opted to omit the iceberg lettuce that can be found hiding out at the bottom of Wendy's salads. Fred grilled us some chicken breasts, and the final result was absolutely delicious and filling!




Our dressing, Marzetti Simply Dressed Pomegranate Vinaigrette, complimented the salad nicely.


Wendy's full salad ~ 12 pts+

Bridgette's salad ~ 8  pts + (including 85g spinach, 1 c strawberries and blackberries, 4 oz grilled chicken, 14g chopped almonds, and 2 Tbs dressing)

1 comment:

  1. That salad looks delicious!! Isn't it great when you can make the same thing at home for fewer points and its just as good!! Thanks for stopping by and commenting today! Did you know your e mail address isn't linked to your account making you a "no-reply commenter"? I can't wait to see how your weigh in goes!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.