Thursday, June 20, 2013

I sure miss my heart rate monitor!

Now that I've gotten back into exercising regularly and can jog at least twenty five minutes, I sure would like the motivation of looking down to see how many calories I've burned. Also, I could use it to help me determine my activity points for Weight Watchers. Today I did some strength exercise and some Wii sports with the kids.

I think I lost my watch at my sister's but she hasn't seen it (though on a recent visit I found some keys that I'd been missing over a year!). Fred offered to let me use his, but he likes looking at his too. This was my second Polar. I lost the strap to the first one (an older model) in Orlando one year. Now, I have a chest strap that works and the old watch that doesn't (even though I had gotten them to pair).

Perhaps someone could get me this:



With this Garmin, I could see my heart rate and pace. I think seeing my pace could help to push me further. In the past when I've exercised with my Polar, I knew I could push myself longer or harder if my heart rate wasn't too high. Sometimes, I just had a calorie burned goal in mind. Well . . . my birthday is approaching! And I never mind getting gifts EARLY. It's really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments.