Saturday, August 3, 2013

1 Mile Run

This morning we went out for a run with a different mindset than usual. Since we were pressed for time, we decided that we would run only a mile today with the goal of running it at a much faster pace. According to my run keeper app I ran 1 mile in 12 minutes 23 seconds. Although I know I could have beaten this time as done before, I did not want to get too ahead of Bridgette. I am not sure just how accurate my app is. I am definitely looking to upgrade. (HINT)

This woman has made such a huge improvement I can't just say with words how proud of her I am.  I know that I am not one to talk too much because I'm no Hussein Bolt, but I once was an athlete. There is still that competitiveness that runs through my veins that gives me the mind frame that I can do it all. But back to Bridgette, she has never really been an athlete and for her to accomplish the things that she has over the last three or four months is truly my inspiration.

I won't get into the time that she ran today and will let her update you when she posts, but believe me when I say that you will be surprised. I told her that we will set this as a once a week goal to run 1 mile as fast as we can to improve our breathing and leg strength. This day definitely has non-scale victory written all over it.

Bridgette here:

I ran my mile in 13 minutes 08 seconds according to my Garmin. It's NOT all that. I was faster than this past Thursday though. Thursday was easier, today I had to huff and puff through those thirteen minutes. Though I didn't post it on my non-scale victory page, I do have a thirteen minute mile as a goal. For me, that's an accomplishment. I might not ever run a mile in 6 minutes, but I will break ten one day. (In the distant future!)

I love my husband. He's the best. This summer has been my first one off in FIVE years. I might have put a dent in the couch (taking a much need rest and relaxation time), but I am NOT a couch potato. Even though he's supposed to drag me out of bed, I sometimes have to push him out.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot even tell you how awesome it is that you guys do this together! Whoop whoop on the 13 minute mile!! I think that's great!! I also love the idea if setting out to do one mile a week to improve speed!! You guys are amazing!! Keep it up'

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.