Thursday, August 1, 2013

Victorious!

I got my three (point one) miles in today.

I wanted to get a fast(er) mile in at the start since I'm not a strong finisher yet. Near the end I have to up my mental game not to quit.

I completed mile one in 13 min 46.8 seconds according to my Garmin.  Of course this is no where near fast, but it's an improvement over my usual 15 minute average pace. I pushed myself, (praised God), and succeeded. It takes HARD work and effort to pick this body with all these pounds up, go running, and not take a single walk break.

Fred said he was really proud of me. That's all he kept saying - like I did something near impossible.

I also finished my 5k distance in 1 minute 50 seconds faster than my fastest time.

So I can say that in spite of the scale going up, I have something to be proud of. I'm glad for these little victories and pick-me-ups along the way. If I didn't have NSV's to brighten my way, I might quit.
button

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your personal bests this week! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on improving your time! Are you as amazed as I am at how quickly you are able to improve your times?! Nsvs are a great way to stay motivated when the scale is showing you no love! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.