Thursday, August 15, 2013

Non-Scale Victories

We have some!

When we started running earlier this year, one minute at a time, I was hoping we would stick with it. I was hoping we would progress. I was hoping it would become a part of our lives, I was hoping, but I could not see it. Now a few months later I can see the fruits of our labor. These results have come by hard work and were by no means instantaneous.

This week we have


  • Run three miles in under forty-five minutes (a goal I can cross off)
  • Run two miles in a constant light rain (in the past we would have heard the rain and rolled over with relief, but this day we got up )
  • Run three miles with negative splits (now, we didn't set any world records, but each mile was a bit faster than the previous - never thought I'd have the energy for that )
  • Run three consecutive days (each of the above victories occurred on a separate day )


Celebrate the victories that make your life better no matter how insignificant they may seem. Growth is great!

button

6 comments:

  1. great job!! (and great goals to aspire to!) I feel the same about rain runs-- they aren't too fun, but I try to smile and think about being a kid playing in the rain, that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job girl!! Running is SUCH a mental and physical challenge in the beginning, but it really does get easier! When I started, I could barely run a half a mile, and now I can run 6+ without stopping! Great job on all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW! What wonderful accomplishments you have made this week! That's phenomenal!!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! those are some awesome running accomplishments! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Those are huge accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are AWESOME NSV's!! You guys are killing it on the running and ALL of those definitely need to be celebrated!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments.