Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hard Work + Dedication = Great Results

     Today was another successful day of Chalean Extreme. Its only our 2nd official day and I know that we will continue with our success because we are totally committed to this new way of life. I know I won't see any changes in our bodies for a while as it relates to seeing some muscle definition, but the dedicaiton will definitely pay off big time.


Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 2 - Deadlift with Double Row


     I know how it feels now to hear the stories of people saying that it took a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve their goals. The one example I remember most vividly is the time when LL Cool J stated that people criticized him by saying that he was on steroids. He stated that he had not used steroids, but he had worked extremely hard to get the body he has acquired. LL also stated that he stayed away from sweets and other foods that he knew were unhealthy and would be a detriment to his progress and would undo all the sacrifices that he had made. That has always been one big motivational story for me although it was years and years ago. I now understand that it takes hard work for sure. Hard work AND dedication.
    
    One day I hope to share a similar testimony with others and use this blog as the proof to show how far we have come and that our lifestyle (of healthy habits) has truly changed for the better. Hopefully we will inspire others to change their lifestyles for the better also.

Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 2 - Triple-Threat Push-ups

     Oh, I almost forgot about our run yesterday. We worked on our speed again, which turned out to be successful as we both improved our average time and pace. Although we have improved some we agreed to run longer times even after the app is done because we still have lots of energy once we get finished.

Finishing with a definite non-scale victory -  I did some swimming at our annual family reunion and did not have one alcoholic beverage. And while I may have eaten more than I planned, I ate nowhere near what I would have eaten in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments.