Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Snacks: Family Favorites

I like to have snacks around for the kids (and me!). I am less likely to eat something I later regret when there are healthy snacks all around. Our favorite snack this time of year is fresh fruit - watermelon, pineapples, and grapes especially.

I like chips, but I hate them. They are very addictive and not at all healthy for our little ones: "Betcha can't eat just one!" If I buy chips for the family I prefer to get ones with three or four ingredients: potatoes, salt, oil. Our alternative is stove popped popcorn. We all love this.

Another snack we like to eat to tide us over between meals is a snack mix containing mini pretzels, plain M&M's or Reese's Pieces, and peanuts or plain almonds. Of course, I like the M&M's with the peanuts as does Fred. (Peanut M&M's are were my favorite!) My leader told me that chocolate chips might be a better choice. I'll look into this on my next shopping trip.



Snack Mix:

15g mini pretzels (1pts +)
14 g either candy (2pts +)
14 g either nut (2pts +)

We keep the snack mix in jars that the kids need help opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments.