Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Healthy Choices over Bad Decisions: Hard Habits to Break

As tomorrow approaches I know I will have to prove myself and show that I can control myself when staring down the likes of our southern style 4th of July barbecue meals and the ice coolers that I know will be filled to the top (one for the kids and one for the adults). Although I am not a person who HAS to indulge in the likes of alcohol, I always find myself having a few when it comes to family gatherings. I know I will show control in this area, but I'm not so sure what it will be like when looking at the tables lined up with barbecue chicken, smoked sausages, fried fish, steaks, and my favorite, RIBS. Just thinking about them has my appetite flaring up. These are just the main course items not to mention all of the side items and desserts. My family sure knows how to have a good time and it is always in a nice environment as well. I know that my life is changing before my eyes and I have made a promise to Bridgette to keep our lifestyle on a healthy track and I cannot break that promise. These gatherings do not come many times of the year so I have to suck it up and think about our future and our health. Its only one day and I will not undo months of hard work for something as simple as food and beverage and send me back to where I first began. These old habits of yesterday will have to be used as firepower in my fight to keep running on tomorrow. Really I have to run away from the ribs and the drinks.

2 comments:

  1. Family gatherings are SOO hard!! ESPECIALLY when all of your faves are there! It sounds like you are already in a really good frame of mind for it, and think of how good it will feel to leave that BBQ knowing you ate within reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iknow it will feel good to know that I have defeated one of my biggest obstacles. It's like I have been training for a fight or something the way that I have set my mind to focus on the task that's ahead of me.

      Delete

We appreciate your comments.