Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Victory over Defeat

After enduring an extended holiday weekend that was overshadowed by an overwhelming number of tasty treats, I am completely satisfied with the remarkable restraint I showed by not overdoing it. I did not indulge myself by over-eating as I have always done in the past. Although I did not lose any weight this week I am proud to say I only gained about 0.4 lbs. I would have been happy to have only gained 2 to 3 lbs if it were the case, because I usually pig out. "From the kitchen to the cooler" -  that would have been my mantra in the past; however,  my health was my number one priority this time around.
    
I am also proud that I only had ONE alcoholic beverage, one cup of Kool-aid, and two cups of sweet tea over the past weekend,  which is another big feat for me. I would usually turn up a cup without regard to how many calories or points it might contain. It was not as hard as I thought it would be though, and I know that the reason it wasn't  hard is because I had my mind made up already. This was never the case before because instead of a plan, I had good intentions. Of course I would usually forget about my good intentions whenever I got in the presence of my adversary - tantalizing foods and drinks. This is definitely a non-scale victory for me.

Yesterday we fell slightly off schedule by not doing Chalean at our regular time, but we did find the time to get it done later in the evening. I admit that I had some concerns about doing it so late because usually I wake up sore and stiff after an evening workout with weights. Surprisingly I felt great this morning and did not have any new soreness other than that in my foot (plantar fasciitis).
    
I can smell the sweet aroma of VICTORY in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments.